The talk was in July; if you missed it here are the slides from his presentation.
Here is the original announcement:
We are pleased to be able to invite you to a session led by speaker John Collyns, who is the Executive Director of the Retirement Village Association (RVA).
John will provide a presentation which will cover:
- an overview of the sector
- legislated consumer protection in registered villages
- why people might want to move to a village and why they may not
- types of tenure available and how they work ( e.g. licenses to occupy, Unit Titles v freehold)
- continuum of care within a village
- what it costs-comparison with freehold properties, weekly fees and other costs
- impact of equity release on retirees’ income
- why choose a RVA member village – audit and accreditation process, disputes process and Disciplinary Tribunal
The RVA represents the entire spectrum of retirement villages in NZ so it does not promote one village over another.
He has assured us he welcomes questions during and at the end of his talk.
Hope to see you on the 27th of July at St Andrews on the Terrace at 2pm