From Wellington City Council
- Student Volunteer Army (under VUWSA in Wellington) is offering free delivery
- If you are struggling to access essential items, the Student Volunteer Army grocery delivery service will be available nationwide for those in self-isolation or who have no other way to access food from 26th August.
- Are you self-isolating due to covid19? Do you need to post some mail? Do you need something that can’t be delivered online? Are you keen for someone to check in on you regularly? Welly Student Volunteer Army are here for you!
- VUWSA SVA have 500+ student volunteers across Wellington who are ready to support you, whether it be running errands or a friendly check-in.
- To access this free support from a student near you:
- Vinnies Wellington is providing essential services to the community throughout COVID-19 Alert Level 4.
- Services over this time will be the distribution of Essential Parcels only with delivery priority given to current Vinnies clients.
- Opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 12pm. Essential parcels are distributed by delivery only or by pick-up from external agencies.
- Vinnies can help with: Food assistance, Urgent baby goods, Urgent material goods.
- Contact the Vinnies team via:
- Freephone: 0800 VINNIES (846 6437)
- Call: 04 389 7122
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 021 215 7098
- Social: Facebook @vinnieswgtn
- Parcels will be delivered via the Vinnies Van or staff car to:
- Residential address
- Agreed drop-off point for those with no fixed abode (e.g. living in a car)
- Organisation address
- Vinnies staff will drop parcels to the front door or agreed drop-off point. A text or call will be sent to the client to let them know delivery has been made.
- Please note:
- Delivery staff will not knock on doors or press doorbells/ buzzers
- Agreed drop-off areas for those with no fixed abode will be in open public areas (e.g. no alleyways)
- Delivery staff will keep a minimum of 2-meters distance of all people while working
- Delivery vans will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day
- Some people have been asking if they require a referral to use/access Wellington City Mission or the Salvation Army for food parcels. You do not need a referral or prove income etc.
o If you don’t get through on the phone, leave a message with name and contact phone number and they’ll return your call.
- Last point I want to make is: Metlink are absorbing the costs of the Taxi service. So if using the rear door of buses or using trains unassisted is not accessible to you, give Metlink a call on 0800 801 700 and they’ll organise a taxi for you. This is FREE.
- As only 2 people has used this service this week, it’s possible people aren’t aware of this.
|Wellington Pharmacies||Phone||Delivery yes/no||Criteria|
|Unichem Miramar Pharmacy||04-388 8516||unknown|
|Life Pharmacy Baycourt Kilbirnie||04-387 3939||yes||urgent prescriptions eastern bays – same day. 3-4 day wait outside their area.|
|Unichem Karori Mall Pharmacy||04-476 7564||yes||charge. 4-5pm deliver. Prioritise antibiotics. Doing all scripts as they arrive.|
|Unichem Lambton Quay||04 472 0362||no|
|Unichem Island Bay Pharmacy||04-383 8680||no|
|Unichem Willis Street||04-472 9398||discretionary||emergency only|
|Unichem Johnsonville||04-477 9513||yes||free delivery johsonville only|
|Unichem Molesworth||04-472 0328||yes||emergency can deliver by hand or courier. Otherwise in the post.|
|Unichem Marsden Village||04-476 9944||yes||delivery fee. Karori only – mostly prescriptions|
|Unichem Plimmer steps||04-555 3540||no||courier with a charge|
|Simons Unichem Tawa||04-232 8314||discretionary||case by case|
|Unichem Brooklyn||04-939 6631||yes||free. Priority for at risk/elderly|
|Urgent Pharmacy Adelaide Road||04-385 8810||no|
|John Castle Newtown||04-389 4600||yes||prefer newtown/berhampore/mt vic/island bay. No charge|
|Khandallah Pharmacy||04-479 5423||discretionary||case by case|
|Countdown Newtown||04-380 2080||no|
|Strathmore Park||04-388 6593||yes||no criteria. No charge.|
|Newlands||04 478 7483||yes||local only. $5 charge drop off thursdays and fridays.|
|Churton Park||04 477 3131||no|
|Alexander||04-384 7353||yes||courier with a charge. Medications|
|Kelburn||04 475 9512||discretionary||patient request. Staff do it after work only within the area.|
|Unichem Ashleigh Court||04-389 9855||discretionary||case by case could make a decision.|
|Ngaio Village||04-479 6534||no|
|Life Pharmacy Manners Street||04-382 8762||no||courier in emergency. Teamed up with cuba mall pharmacy at level 4.|
|Hataitai||04-386 1647||yes||$10 delivery fee. Contactless.|
|Wellington UFS||04 384 9499||no|
|Kentra Medication Centre Onslow||04 478 6512||no|
|Crofton Downs||04-479 1977||unknown|
|City Medical Centre||04-473 7868||yes||courier no charge. 1 business day lead in.|
|Craigs Chemist||04-388 4646||yes||within Mirimar. No charge.|
|University Pharmacy Victoria||04-472 8881||no|
|Lambton Square||04 472 6356||yes||courier with a charge.|
|Wellworks||04-555 0522||yes||courier $5 charge.|
|Bargain chemist, Manners Street||04-974 8867||yes||courier with a charge.|
|Chemist Warehouse Lambton Quay||04 974 4169||no|